Friday, May 17, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) Movie Review

What's up gang! Migs here. Today I will be reviewing 'Star Trek Into Darkness'

Yesterday, my family and I watched the new movie 'Star Trek Into Darkness' which was directed by JJ Abrams. This movie is a sequel to the movie 'Star Trek' which was released on April 6, 2009 and which was also directed by Abrams. I have to say, from a kid's point of view, this movie was EPIC.

This stars Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk, Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan, and Zachary Quinto as our ever-lovable Spock.

"The brash James T. Kirk tries to live up to his father's legacy with Mr. Spock keeping him in check as a vengeful, time-traveling Romulan creates black holes to destroy the Federation one planet at a time."  (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/)

The way I understand, this story is all about revenge. This movie is quite similar to it's prequel 'Star Trek'. The movie itself is quite amazing. Amazing cast, amazing director, and amazing CGI. This will make you laugh, cry, and smile. To me, the only bad thing about this movie is the too much use of lens flares and the cheesy conversations between Spock and Captain Kirk. But I have to give Abrams credit, he made it look good.

All in all, this movie is definetly worth your time. This will make Star Wars fans love Star Trek. And as for those Star Wars fans who are worried about the new Star Wars film, don't be. We have the right guy for the job.

Rating: 
9/10

I wonder what Sheldon Cooper will say after he watches this movie...


No comments:

Post a Comment